Lightweight and compact zoom lenses featuring the Interchangeable Mount System (PL, EF, F, MFT, E).
The new Compact Zoom CZ.2 lenses are as versatile as they are powerful and incorporate features never seen before on lenses of this kind. They are handy, compact, ready for 4k and even offer full-frame coverage. With their zoom lengths of 28-80 and 70-200 mm, they give you a wide range of creative options.
Their compact size and light weight make them the ideal companions for even the most ambitious applications, including handheld, Steadicam and projects in confined spaces. And thanks to their robust, cine-style housing (which also allows for the use of a follow-focus system), their full-frame coverage and interchangeable mounts, they will be reliable partners for years to come.
- Interchangeable mount
- Full-frame coverage (36 x 24 mm)
- No focus shift over the zoom range
- Robust cine-style housing
- Circular shape of iris
- Great flare suppression
- Calibrated focus scale
- 4K capability
- Color matched with all ZEISS Prime lenses.
|Compact Zoom CZ.2|
|Aperture range||T 2.9 to T 22||T 2.9 to T 22||T 2.9 to T 22|
|Focal range||15–30 mm||70–200 mm||28–80 mm|
|Close focus distance (1)||0.55 m / 1’10”||1.52 m / 5’||0.83 m / 2’8”|
|Horizontal angle of view|
|Super 35 (4)||46–79°||7–20°||18–48°|
|Normal 35 (5)||41–72°||6–18°||16–43°|
|Length (8)||198 mm / 9.92”||250 mm / 9.84”||196 mm / 7.72”|
|Front diameter||114 mm / 4.49”||95 mm / 3.7”||95 mm / 3.7”|
|Weight||2.6 kg / 5.7 lbs||2.8 kg / 6.2 lbs||2.5 kg / 5.5 lbs|
(1) Close focus distance is measured from the image plane
(2) Horizontal angle of view for a full-frame camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.5, dimensions 36 mm x 24 mm / 1.42“ x 0.94“)
(3) Horizontal angle of view for an APS-H camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.81, dimensions 30.2 mm x 16.7 mm / 1.19“ x 0.66“)
(4) Horizontal angle of view for an ANSI Super 35 Silent camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 24.9 mm x 18.7 mm / 0.98“ x 0.74“)
(5) Horizontal angle of view for a Normal 35 Academy camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.37, dimensions 22 mm x 16 mm / 0.87“ x 0.63“)
(6) Horizontal angle of view for an APS-C camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.50, dimensions 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm / 0.88“ x 0.59“)
(7) Horizontal angle of view for a Micro 4/3 (MFT) camera aperture (aspect ratio 1:1.33, dimensions 17.3 mm x 13 mm / 0.68“ x 0.51“)
(8) Front to PL mount flange
In order to use the Compact Prime and Zoom lenses on various cine style cameras, we developed an interchangable mount set (PL, EF, F, Micro 4/3, or E mount) to offer you maximum flexibility on set – no need for adapter solutions anymore.
- Interchangeable mount set consisting of: mount, shims, rear cap, support bracket (except for PL mount) and screws
- Siemens star test chart
- Pre-adjusted Torx torque wrench
To keep your Compact Prime and Zoom lenses safe and ensure uncomplicated transport, we developed a carrying case which is as flexible as the lenses themselves. It has been tested to guarantee maximum protection and can be used for all focal lengths and combinations. Also, the lenses are stored on their sides, making it easy to see their aperture rating, allowing for a quick change when necessary.
- Three versions: 4 lens case, 6 lens case and one for a Zoom lens
- Convenient hand recess for easy handling
- Individual inlays to customize transport case
|17 Mar 2014||Technical Data CZ.2 – feet
Download (pdf, 170 KB)
|17 Mar 2014||Technical Data CZ.2 – Meter
Download (pdf, 154 KB)
|17 Mar 2014||Compact Prime CP.2 Mount Change Instructions
Download (pdf, 5.34 MB)
|24 Apr 2014||ARRI Lenses Brochure 2014
Download (pdf, 12.77 MB)
|14 Mar 2014||ZEISS Compact Zoom family – Brochure
Download (pdf, 186 KB)