ARRI proudly introduces AMIRA Advanced, a versatile documentary-style camera that combines exceptional image quality and affordable CFast 2.0 workflows with an ergonomic design optimized for single-operator use and extended shoulder-mounted operation. Ready to pick up and shoot straight out of the camera bag, AMIRA is hardy enough to take anywhere and features in-camera grading with preloaded 3D LUTs, as well as 200 fps slow motion. It is suitable for a great variety of production types, from reportage and corporate films to TV drama and low-budget movies, so wherever you are headed and whatever you need to shoot, let AMIRA be your companion.
AMIRA Advanced Features
- Same 35 mm sensor as ALEXA
- 4K UHD 3840×2160 (with license), HD 1920×1080;
- Rec 709
- ProRes recording up to 422 on CFast 2.0 cards
- Dynamic range of 14+ stops
- Natural colors and skin tones
- Up to 100 fps – full sensor area
AMIRA features the same sensor and exceptional image quality as the ARRI ALEXA, recording superior HD 1080 pictures that are suitable for any distribution format. With a dynamic range of more than 14 stops, low noise levels, subtle highlight handling, natural color rendering, breathtaking skin tones and speeds of up to 100 fps, AMIRA will deliver beautiful, life-like images in any situation.
- Quick start-up – ready to shoot
- Optimized for the single operator
- Sliding dovetails – perfect shoulder balance
- Internal ND filters (0.6/1.2/2.1)
- OLED eyepiece and fold-away LCD monitor
- Multi-channel audio – easy-access controls
AMIRA boots up quickly and can be used straight out of the bag by a single user, with no setting up, no rigging and no delays. Sliding dovetails allow the camera to be perfectly shoulder-balanced for comfortable handheld shooting, while the innovative multi-viewfinder combines a high resolution OLED eyepiece with a fold-away LCD monitor that provides both a live view and full access to camera functions.
- Preloaded looks
- Adjustable looks – total color control on set
- High creativity, low postproduction costs
- Uniquely, AMIRA comes with a number of 3D LUT-based looks that can be applied while filming.
The pre-loaded LUT feature essentially amounts to in-camera grading; it allows cinematographers to craft a consistent, identifiable visual approach, even on small- scale productions that cannot afford to pay them to attend the grade. Documentaries, dramas and commercials often involve a number of contrasting looks for different narrative or thematic elements. With AMIRA these looks can be either ‘burned in’ to the recorded footage or used purely for monitor imaging. Either way, they give cinematographers and directors a greater degree of creative control on fast-moving productions, while keeping costs down for producers.
- Rugged and reliable ARRI build quality
- Upgradeable hardware and software
- Solid lens mounts (PL/B4 2/3”/EF)
- Sealed electronics and efficient cooling
With a solid internal skeleton that guarantees camera and lens stability, AMIRA is a highly durable product constructed of the strongest possible materials. Sealed and capsulated electronics provide top level protection against humidity and dust, while an integrated thermal core results in an exceptionally efficient cooling system. All of this means that productions can take AMIRA anywhere, from jungles and deserts to snow-capped mountain tops, in the sure knowledge that it will not let them down. Whether on a Hollywood sound stage or a r emote documentary location, technical delays cost money – money that could be saved by working with AMIRA.
Like all ARRI products, AMIRA is designed to be a safe, long–term investment and built to withstand the rigors of life on a professional set. One of the reasons why ALEXA has been accepted so widely all over the world is that its build quality is significantly higher than competitor cameras, and the same is true of AMIRA.