The best just got better
ARRI’s new ALEXA SXT (Super Extended Technology) cameras and SXR (Super Extended Recording) Module upgrade represent the next exciting step in the continuing evolution of the ALEXA family. Retaining the rock-solid foundation on which ALEXA is built, ALEXA SXT and SXR cameras additionally offer ProRes 4K recording, improved image quality, powerful color management, three fully independent HD-SDI outputs and support for the new high-speed, high capacity SXR Capture Drives.
The first ALEXA SXT cameras are planned for release around mid-2015; the full range will comprise ALEXA SXT EV, SXT Plus and SXT Studio models, replacing current ALEXA XT cameras. Due to the launch of ALEXA Mini, there will not be an ALEXA SXT M. The ALEXA Classic EV model will remain in the line-up. ALEXA XT cameras (except ALEXA XT M) shipped between 1st Jan. 2015 and the first shipment of SXT cameras will be eligible for a full SXT upgrade, free of charge.
Ever since its launch, the ALEXA system’s fundamental advantage has been its unique combination of the highest overall image quality with the most efficient workflows on set and in post. Based on extensive market feedback, the ALEXA SXT line of cameras further improves upon those qualities, raising the widely-accepted gold standard set by ALEXA still higher.
This device has not been authorized yet as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.
- Easy in-camera ProRes 4K recording
- ProRes 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) recording format for 4K UHD TV deliverables
- ProRes 4K Cine (4096 x 2636) recording format for 4C DCI cinema deliverables
- Improved image quality
- Completely overhauled image processing chain
- Advanced pixel correction
- Optional noise reduction
- New color management
- Matches current ALEXA images, but provides the basis for radically different looks
- 3D Look-up Tables, ASC Color Decision List
- Live in-camera grading on set
- Rec 2020 gamma
- Same tools for ALEXA SXT, ALEXA Mini & AMIRA
- Super flexible on-set monitoring
- Three fully independent HD-SDI outputs
- Powerful new media bay
- Supports new high speed SXR Capture Drives (1 TB or 2 TB) via SXR Adapter
- Supports current XR Capture Drive 512 GB via XR Adapter
- Supports SxS PRO and SxS PRO+ cards via SxS Adapter 2
- Supports CFast 2.0 cards via CFast 2.0 Adapter 2